From: Jorge Lodos (lodos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 08:55:06

> > I think this type of usage is rather common, at least the
> way I used
> > property tree relied heavily on these features. For example
> I used it
> > as a primitive serialization library where files containing objects
> > were human creatable. I had an application which had GUI to
> manipulate
> > these objects, and allowed to save them back again to
> files. All I/O
> > was done using property tree.
>
> This type of usage require different tools. I would use
> Serialization lib for that.

What I think PT must have that serialization library is not meant to is:

1. The ability to load/save properties independently, not as a whole.
2. A documented (for library extensibility) parser interface allowing parser
developers to accomplish (1).

At least 3 storages requiring (1) come to mind: windows registry, ISA Server
storage and IIS metabase.
I would put these requisites as conditions for acceptance.

Best regards
Jorge