From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 17:35:50

> What I think PT must have that serialization library is not meant to is:
>
> 1. The ability to load/save properties independently, not as a whole.
> 2. A documented (for library extensibility) parser interface allowing
> parser
> developers to accomplish (1).
>
> At least 3 storages requiring (1) come to mind: windows registry, ISA
> Server
> storage and IIS metabase.
> I would put these requisites as conditions for acceptance.

I believe you can do #1 quite easily:

boost::property_tree::ptree pt;
write_xml(filename, pt.get_child("whatever.child.you.want"));

#2 becomes a non-issue then.

I appreciate you interest in the library, and need for ISA Server storage
and IIS metabase formats support. However, I think there are at least 27
billion different file formats on the planet, and if everybody wanted to
condition acceptance on his favorites, heat death of universe would
eventually stop all work in progress in that area.

Best regards,
Marcin