From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 13:55:10

"Rune" <rune.sune_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental <at> thomson.com> writes:
>> I am missing your point. What intermediate representation you need?
>> IOW What is wrong with multi_index + serialize library for what you need?
>
> One thing that property_tree (PT) seems to do is to, from an end-user's
> viewpoint, handle simple and quite complex data and configuration files in
> textual format in a straight-forward manner.

Serilize lib would allow this even more strait forward.not need for all this
string <-> data type conversions all the time.

> This is very nice and goes hand in hand with the old unix tradition.
>
> To me it is overkill to bring into two complex libraries like multi_index
> and
> serialize to handle a "simple" config file.

For the simple program you don't need to save config parameters
programmatically anyway you could edit file directly. But if you already
have some kind of gui to update probram configuration at runtime you could
afford to include miltiindex and serialize lib either.

> By the way, is it even possible to
> have serialize work with textual files or does it always use a binary
> format?

Quote possible. I know for a fact it has XML support.

Gennadiy