From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 16:00:27

> I haven't used program_options yet. But if I understand correctly both
> libraries seem to support storing and accessing data with strings that
> might describe some kind of hierarchy. This seems to be the core idea of
> both libraries - is this correct?
>
> Then it wouldn't matter much what container is used. However a generic
> tree which can store data hierarchically probably makes most sense. If I
> understand correctly both libraries could make use of such a class?

I think generic tree container is material for another library. Whether
property_tree should be based on it or not is a matter of internal
implementation, and generally of little interest to users. The biggest value
of property_tree is in its easy to use interface, that should not be
compromised, if at all possible. I have been already reassured in this view
by quite many people who took their time to review the library.

Best regards,
Marcin