From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-22 19:00:47

Tom Brinkman wrote:

>Please, RE-READ what I said. I want this review broken up into two parts.
>I said nothing about the value of this library being useless without the
>parsers.

I understood it perfectly well. However, you also stated that the
parsers should come in at a later point. Thus my point still applies, if
only for limited time. However, that time is crucial. If there is a
Boost release (1.35) that includes the tree, but not the parser, people
might get used to that "useless property_tree thing" and not care to
look at its improved value in 1.36. Bad reputations tend to stick.

Also, the way I understood your post, your objection to the parsers was
that they are a completely separate thing from the tree and thus should
not be reviewed together. I find this objection simply wrong. The
parsers are a very important part of the property_tree library, and IMO
it's just its inappropriate name that makes them seem misplaced.

Sebastian Redl