From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-23 14:01:02

Robert Ramey wrote:

>Given the avaliabilty of spirite, Dan Nuffer's XML grammar, and
>probably some sort of tree structure - adobe, multi-index, or
>roll your own from STL, I'm very surprised no one has submitted
>a DOM and/or SAX xml parser. It seems to me that this would be
>a straight forward composition of these three high quality components.

Not quite. The fourth, and very important, high-quality component that
is missing is Boost.Unicode (or Boost.Recode or whatever). XML requires
a lot of support for international character sets, at the very, very
least UTF-8 and UTF-16, BE and LE. In practice, this means passing
iterators that convert automatically to Spirit. Do we have such iterators?
If I had that, I could start in the sandbox right now in my free time.

Sebastian Redl