From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 02:32:02

Marcin Kalicinski wrote:

>> Make up you mind finally. What is your library?
>>
>> 1. Runtime parameter facility
>> 2. Permanent storage facility
>> 3. XML parser
>
> I'm afraid it is all 3, plus some more. By "some more" I mean it has more
> parsers than just XML, and it can also be used to manipulate hierarchical,
> human readable data structures at runtime.

I seems like you is very confused yourself about positioning of your
library. Here, you say "it's all 3" where 3 is "XML parser", and in another
thread you say:

  On the other hand, if boost gets its XML library,

It would be pretty bad if Boost has property_tree that reads "simple" XML
*and* another XML library, with different interface that has full support
for XML. How am I to choose one or another library?

I guess you either need to position your library as generic tree with some
extra indexing, or as full-blown XML library.

- Volodya