From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-27 08:27:38

Hi James

--- James McCartney <asynth_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The ASIO SDK is a C++ library. You can download it from here:
> > http://www.steinberg.de/329_0.html

That page refers to it as the "ASIO specification". That this
"protocol" or "specification" has an SDK does not make ASIO
itself a library.

> ...after you click through the page where it says: "ASIO is a
> trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH"

I searched the US, UK, EU, Australian and International (Madrid)
trademark databases. The only hit was for "ASiO" in the
international database, and it relates to "Cleaning units for
communal and industrial waste water...".

In any case, Boost.Asio as a name should be unambiguously
different on all counts.

Cheers,
Chris