From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-28 18:05:52

Nicola Musatti wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> The following patch appears to be necessary to get BCB2006 to pass
>> the
>> conversion tests.
>>
>> If nobody has any objections (Fernando?) , I'll commit it in a few
>> days.

OK.
This is the same patch proposed by Alisdair a couple of months ago.
As I explained then, the problem is not really with the compiler but the new
Dinkum library (that replaced RW in 5.6.x).
Version 5.5.1, with the RougeWave library worked perfectly.

But as Alisdair suggested, at this point, we better just commit the fix as
both of you are suggesting.

The real fix would require to experiment with other std libraries, confirm
that the problem is Dinkum specific, and add the appropiate patch checking
for that instead of the compiler version.
Unfortunately I don't work with BCB anymore (for years now), and last time I
did was for my former employer so I have no copy of any BCB version with me,
so I can't do that myself (the free comand line tools are equivalent to
5.5.1 which is the one I used to develop this library so it definitely works
with it)

Cheers

--
Fernando Cacciola