From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-29 08:33:03

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Matias Capeletto <matias.capeletto_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Sábado, Abril 29, 2006 4:54 am
Asunto: Re: [boost] [SoC] Specialized containers with Boost.MultiIndex

> Hi, all, especially Joaquin...
>
> I am planning to submit an application to SoC. I will love to make
> realthe specialized containers you mention and try to include some
> useful others.
[...]
> Is the list the place to talk this about of?

Hello Matías, good to know a Spanish-speaking fellow,
we're only a handful round here.

The way SoC is organized, I think the procedure involves
your sending an application thru SoC online tool starting
May 1st. Yours, along with all other applications related
to Boost, will then be routed by Google to Boost mentors,
which will do then the selection and P2P discussion
with applicants.

In your case, since you're interested in the B.MI proposal,
I understand it's gonna be I who will be evaluating
your application. I don't really know what the application
format and required information are (that depends on the
SoC online tool, I guess) but I can tell you what I'd like
to see in those submissions under my evaluation
responsibility:

* As much CV data as possible, academic performance,
programming-related courses, etc.
* Programming experience: University assignments,
open source projects, freelance activities, whatever.
If you can point to some code of yours, so much the
better.
* As per the concrete proposal, expand on the idea
described on the Boost wiki along the following
directions:
  * A detailed description of your activity, specially
  if you plan to add some extra bonuses to the
  original idea (some other specialized container,
  for instance). Do not make a wishlist, but rather
  provide a realistic statement of goals you feel
  confident to achieve within the time schedule
  imposed by SoC.
  * Environmental details: IDEs you'll be using,
  how you'll do the docs, etc.
  * A roadmap of the project, or some approximation
  to it.

In general, take into account there can be other
applicants for the same project, so not only must you
be convincing the mentors you're fit for the project,
you must make it it clear you're the fittest :)

Good luck with your application, I'll be seeing you
around during these weeks, come back here if you have
tecnhical doubts while designing your application.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo