From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 07:37:42

On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:27:13 +0100, John Maddock wrote
> > Do anyone know if it is better to send the application as quick as
> > possible? I am working in the docs, and i want to give a great
> > impression to the
> > SoC judges. I have to spend two or three days more to get it right.
> > And next I was planning to upload a quickbook generated web page to
> > heard the list voices... In that way, i will have the weekend to
> > improve it with the feedback i get.
> > Is this ok? Or I have to send it asap?
>
> May 22nd is the deadline I believe, but the application should be in

Whoa, it's due by May 8th! May 22nd is the end of the 'iterim period' where
more discussion will occur, Google will approve, etc. See

http://code.google.com/soc/studentfaq.html#42

> well before then in case there are comments and/or more information
> is asked for. However, spending a few days now to get things right
> will be time well spent IMO. As long as a few days doesn't turn
> into a few weeks! :-)

Still I agree with John and posts to the various SOC boards -- quality of the
proposal is critical. There are already a number of Boost submissions. My
general sense of what I've seen so far is that the authors needed to spend
more time refining the proposals. Of course, they have the ability to
resubmit with updates if they desire.

Jeff