From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 12:26:44

IMO The real issue here is not whether round-tripping should work, but that
input from a long enough decimal digit string should always give you the
nearest floating-point representation.

For float this is true, and for double is almost (but not quite) true.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS