From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 14:33:29

Could we consider removing the word "serialization" from this subject
here? This is really about rendering floating point numbers between
binary and decimal representations. And for better worse, serialization
on this list has come to mean something else.

Also, a real contribution could be made to address the variety of
NaN's and how they should be rendered in different systems. This
is currently undefined and will create problems porting data between
programs compiled with diferent compilers and/or libraries.

Robert Ramey