From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-04 04:42:38

David Abrahams wrote:

[...]

> COMSOFT (whoever you are):

That's me.

> I have no clue about the linker failures
> for GCC. They appear to be saying that the file it's trying to creat
> can't be found. Is it possible to build shared libs on this compiler
> at all?

I have no idea about the failures here, but I will have a look at this.
Shared libs work in principal for gcc, and boost.python worked on gcc/v1.

> The HP compiler failures all appear to be due to an inability
> to handle its own standard library. Do you get _anything_ to compile
> with that compiler? Hmm, apparently you do. I'm at a loss. Maybe
> Python is causing a redefinition of fpos_t? Are we somehow running
> into this problem?
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2005-November/030900.html

No, it's a problem discussed before, and my last conclusion was that
basically boost.python is unusable for this compiler version.

See this long thread for explanation:

http://archives.free.net.ph/thread/20050614.231346.3c5551ae.en.html#20050614.231346.3c5551ae
and especially
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20050619.184208.22450dd2.en.html