From: Giovanni P. Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-05 00:05:50

Jeff Garland wrote:
> [...]
> I think dual license might be ok -- I don't see that the Google rule
> preclude it. Also, there's nothing stopping the author from relicensing
> when the project is over. In any case, we've temporarily selected the
> MIT license because it's about as close to the Boost license as any
> other OSI approved license out there, while we are working the issue.

In fact reading the FAQ further it is explicitly stated that the student
(or the mentoring organization) get to keep the copyright (and
subsequently chose whatever license he likes, even closed ones). Somehow
I misunderstood that the student would agree to release the software
with the selected license and only with that.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Any way, getting the boost license OSI approved would be great.

--
Giovanni P. Deretta