From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-07 10:57:50
Jeff Garland wrote:
> Adrián Etchevarne wrote:
>>I am submitting a proposal to Summer of Code of Google, and I am asking for
>>some opinions about it.
>>If you are intereste you can reach it at
> Your URL isn't quite right -- it's missing an soc
Here are some comments on the interface/paper.
- you call it bitmap<K,V> somewhere, should be bimap, I expect
- I would srongly consider making the interface a refinement of std::map
to allow drop in-replacement, and to minimize surprises for people
- Letting operator() work with Key1 and Key2 seems like a bad thing:
what if the types are the same? What if the types are implicitly
convertible to eachother (seems error-prone).
- if possible, prerserve the semantics of std::map<K,V>::operator()
and provide throwing behavior by an at() member.
- consider not having to/from, but to have
find( const Key1& );
find2nd( const Key2& );
at( const Key& );
at2nd( const Key& );
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk