From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 09:03:19

> My mentorship is still pending according to Google, and my proposal
> is (unaltered) still on the wiki. I never received emails from
> students (I doubt they have my email address, even though it would be
> easy to find). Can someone tell me what will happen next?

Submissions by students are now closed, and we have a breathing space while
the current mentors rank applications etc.

So far we've been deliberately very conservative in selecting mentors: in a
large part because we don't know what we're doing yet (it's Boost's first
year of participation remember). Also we want to try and limit the number
of student projects requiring a full Boost-review during August, there's
clearly a limit to how many we can cope with.

However, we've had a lot of high quality applications, so it is possible
we'll start looking for additional mentors at some point.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: we're not ignoring you, we're just
being cautious until we have a better handle on things.

I hope this explains where we're at,

Regards,

John Maddock.