From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 08:12:22

On 5/9/06, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > core vs. optional
> >
> > I hate "optional" but can't think of a better term right now.
> > This is the distinction between, e.g., type traits and
> > serialization
>
> Maybe "feature"?
> Gennadiy

what about "extensions"?
Wouldn't be nice to have a per library deployment tool where all the
boost libraries are listed. You can selected the ones you desired to
use and the needed libraries get installed (including dependencies,
downloading the latest version of each one, and taking care of
building the needed parts). Some kind of installation history will be
maintained, so when you execute the deployment tool again, you can ask
for updates to the installed ones, or add new libraries to "your"
boost distribution. This is the way kubuntu managed the installation
of new apps and i have founded it very intuitive and useful.
The app could be written in qt so it can be run in each OS.

Regards
Matias