From: Hervé Brönnimann (hbr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 11:04:06

Dear boosters:
This might be of interest to the persons doing the Google SoC project
about bigints/bigfloats, although perhaps a bit too early. Some
others may also be interested on their own. I apologize if this is a
bit off-topic for others, this is a one-time email though.
Best.

--
Hervé Brönnimann
CIS, Polytechnic University
hbr_at_[hidden]
More info available at   http://rnc7.loria.fr/competition.html
7th Conference on Real Numbers and Computers (RNC 7)
LORIA, Nancy, France
July 10–12, 2006
More Digits friendly Competition
Presentation
A friendly competition of exact real arithmetic software will be held
in Nancy during the RNC7 conference. The goal is to measure the
performance of various numerical computing packages on a set of
challenging problems, with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
All packages with arbitrary precision capabilities are welcome to
compete, with no restriction on the programming language of
implementation, as long as you can run it on our competition machine
(a 32-bit Pentium-4 3GHz processor running GNU/Linux). If you
develop, maintain, or just use such a software, don't hesitate to
take part in the friendly competition, telling us which software you
intend to use.
The competition will consist of 20 problems. The main emphasis will
be on the correctness of the results, not the timings. Nevertheless,
during the competition there will be just one hour of time for each
participant to solve all the problems together.