From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-16 06:39:58

Patrick Hartling wrote:

> In my company's use of Boost, we have found that the Boost RPM installed
> with Linux distributions such as Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> does not quite meet our needs. This happens because that RPM does not
> install the multi-threaded versions of the libraries, nor does it preserve
> the version information on the installed libraries. I have attached an RPM
> spec file that addresses these issues and that allows targeting 32-bit
> Linux from an x86_64 installation (though it has to exclude Boost.Python
> and Boost.iostreams).
>
> Personally, I would like to see Boost RPMs built that follow the existing
> Boost conventions more closely, but that may not be a popular view. If
> nothing else, I thought that posting this file would be helpful to people
> who have run into the same issues that we have seen.

I build an rpm also that installs in parallel to Fedora. This is needed
because some other Fedora packages depend on the standard Fedora boost rpm,
but as you said, I want a boost rpm that is more like the boost standard.

Also, I added a couple of my own patches.

Find it here:
http://nbecker.dyndns.org:8080/boost-nb-1.33.1-3.src.rpm