From: Allen Bierbaum (allenb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 11:08:26

I for one would really appreciate it if the boost community was able to
produce a recommended spec file for building and installing boost rpms
and correspondingly for packaging boost up with other package management
tools.

The current situation for developers using packaged versions of boost
ranges from painful to downright impossible. Developer to rely upon
packagers to follow any of the standard boost conventions.
Unfortunately this hurts my use of boost and makes it so I have to
include my own builds with any applications I distribute. If the boost
community created and maintained a set of recommended packaging files
and conventions this problem could largely be eliminated.

Doesn't this cause problems for anyone else?

-Allen