From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-17 11:54:04

I agree strongly - I'd be delighted to see what you suggest, asap.

(An exercise for a 'student'?)

But I think my 'size' may fit many, so I think trying to get it in the
Standard is also a good idea.

(It should never have been left as a muddle like this to start IMO.

The Standard should have said 'if you want to do this, do it like this').

A working implementation showing its usefulness would be powerful persuader
for WG21.
(VisualAge appears to come close already - is anyone using it with
Boost.Serialization?)

(Preparing this was my 'reward' for attending a BSI WG21 meeting - if I'd
kept my mouth shut I wouldn't have got a homework job ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS