From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-21 23:53:45

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> You might check with Mattias. He's been checking in his upgrades for
> array serialization into the HEAD. (I havn't checked in anything
> there in months). I perused CVS and gave a cursory examination to the
> changes and didn't see anything obviously out of whack.

No, his code's fine.

> I also presume that you're using the version of test_exported on the
> branch which fails due to the header ordering issue you're working
> on.

Yep.

> That is, this version is designed to expose the bug you're currently
> fixing. So maybe its not suppose to work.
>
> Note that the errors below usually (I think) indicate failed code
> instantiation which occurs when export header order requirement isn't
> respected.

Yeah, it works about 80% of the time, but vc-8 seems to have some very
strange bug w.r.t. instantiating function signatures during overload
resolution, and sometimes it just misses a few... uh, nope, I forgot
to register one of the archives. It all works now.

Thanks for listening.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting