From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-26 10:28:09

Peter Soetens wrote:
> Quoting Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> The list of projects is now online at:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/soc/boost/about.html
>>
>> Not really much detail there, but hopefully more coming soon...
>
> The details were actually online. Each title was clickable and the
> proposal of each participant appeared. Google removed the links 6 hours
> ago or so. My favourite is the 'Modular C++' project, inspired on
> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2006/n1964.pdf>

That confuses me. The paper seems to be talking about modifying the
C++ language. The title of the project, however, is "Modular C++ preprocessor",
which is

* talking about a C++ preprocessor, not a C++ parser.
* seems to imply that it's the preprocessor that is modular, not the thing
   it (pre)processes. (And, how does it related to boost.wave ?)

So what's the deal ?

Thanks,
                Stefan