From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-26 17:20:11

In trying to run release-build regression tests on the Serialization
library, I found a Borland 5.6 crasher in the test library. It's
surely a codegen bug, but it left me wondering why, if I have to link
to the test library anyway, the library is putting
retrieve_framework_parameter in an unnamed namespace, making me
compile it into each **translation unit** of my test. This
non-templated function, it seems to me, could be
compiled into the test library. Among other things, would allow the
test library author to handle the codegen bug once and for all
(e.g. by specifying build requirements).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting