From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-26 19:10:32

> In trying to run release-build regression tests on the Serialization
> library, I found a Borland 5.6 crasher in the test library. It's
> surely a codegen bug, but it left me wondering why, if I have to link
> to the test library anyway, the library is putting
> retrieve_framework_parameter in an unnamed namespace, making me
> compile it into each **translation unit** of my test. This
> non-templated function, it seems to me, could be
> compiled into the test library.

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. retrieve_framework_parameter
is defined in unit_test_parameters.ipp and is not supposed to appear in any
other translation unit.

> Among other things, would allow the
> test library author to handle the codegen bug once and for all
> (e.g. by specifying build requirements).

Among other things you could mention what bug and what building requirements
you are referring to.

Regards,

test library author.