From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-27 09:17:51

--- John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> > The new integral_promotion.hpp doesn't compile with the old
> > EDG238-based MIPSpro 7.3.1 compiler (SGI, IRIX). This breaks our
> > Boost.Python build. However, with the simple patch below the build is
> > OK again. I'd love to maintain the MIPSpro Boost.Python build, but it
> > is not worth serious work. Therefore the patch is simply #ifdef'ing
> > out the two promotion header files for this specific platform. Are
> > there any objections against this approach?
>
> That looks sensible to me, go ahead and commit if you want to as I don't see
> it can possibly do any harm?

Thanks John!
I did extensive testing internally and was going to commit, but...

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1495972&group_id=1&atid=200001

cvs diff: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost'
(/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs diff: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost'
cvs [diff aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I am very sorry if this was my fault (although I think it is a bad trap). Do
others have the same problem?

Ralf