From: Gerhard Wesp (gwesp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-30 06:05:29

> The integer class itself also has static variables,
> although not static integers.
> Will this then also be a threading problem?

Most likely. I recommend to avoid static variables.

Now I have a question:

What are the necessary basic data types and operations for implementing
number theoretic functions and algorithms efficiently?

It seems to me that a signed integer type, basic arithmetic, comparison,
the modulo operator and maybe some bit shifting are sufficient. But
maybe I'm wrong.

However, if I'm right, I think we should concentrate on getting this
right first, and then look at what's left.

Regards
-Gerhard

--
Gerhard Wesp