From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-01 07:36:42

"Maarten Kronenburg" <M.Kronenburg_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Stefan,
> Templates provide compile-time
> polymorphism, while derivation provides
> run-time polymorphism.
> For using mixed expressions with
> different types, run-time polymorphism
> is required.

No, that's why we have templates. In fact, runtime polymorphism
breaks down horribly with mixed type expressions. I suggest you
google "binary method problem" to see why.

Maarten, I may be speaking too soon because admittedly I have not
followed every message in this thread, but at this point it looks to
me like several of your proposed design choices are so far from what
this group would be likely to accept that there would be little point
in bringing such a library for review. It also seems as though you'd
benefit more by trying to learn from your fellow Boosters than by
arguing with them. I suggest you try to adopt a different approach.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting