From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-01 10:32:45

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Maarten, I may be speaking too soon because admittedly I have not
> followed every message in this thread, but at this point it looks to
> me like several of your proposed design choices are so far from what
> this group would be likely to accept that there would be little point
> in bringing such a library for review.

while I agree with you, I'd also like to point out that it would be real
loss if infinite precision integer library "cease to exist" because its
author got discouraged during technical discussion.

Maarten, I'm looking forward for your implementation, but maybe you
should allow other people to take part in the interface design? Authors
submitting libraries to boost are usually very open to discussion, even
if it means redesigning library from scratch; please also be aware that
some of the people reading this list have real experience in designing
TR1 libraries, before they became TR1. You could ask some of them for
help designing your library. Futhermore, if you are going to submit such
a library to C++ standard committee, it would be reasonable to follow
advice of its members (and David is one of them). Please also be aware
that C++ standard specifies the interface of library utilities (not
implementation), and if proposed interface is perceived as "flawed" by
committee members, there is vary little chance of acceptance.

I really hope I did not jump with this message.

B.