From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-05 14:57:52

John Maddock wrote:

>Of course the first extension folks are likely to ask for is image-file
IO,
>but I guess that's a whole other ball game?

We just released the first version of our I/O extension, but we haven't
updated the documentation yet. It supports JPEG, TIFF and PNG. It
supports run-time instantiated images, so you can load the image in its
native color space and channel depth.

Our I/O operates at a very base level - like load the image in a given
format from a given file. If you use GIL inside ASL you will get extra
goodies - such as a dynamic registration of I/O modules and tighter
integration with Adam/Eve libraries.

Lubomir