From: Daniel Mitchell (danmitchell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-24 00:28:49

On Monday 05 June 2006 13:57, Lubomir Bourdev wrote:
> We just released the first version of our I/O extension, but we haven't
> updated the documentation yet. It supports JPEG, TIFF and PNG. It
> supports run-time instantiated images, so you can load the image in its
> native color space and channel depth.
>
> Our I/O operates at a very base level - like load the image in a given
> format from a given file. If you use GIL inside ASL you will get extra
> goodies - such as a dynamic registration of I/O modules and tighter
> integration with Adam/Eve libraries.

I'm curious about how your library communicates the type of pixel data
contained in an image. For example, TIFF can hold integral data of various
sizes, floating point data, or complex data. If a user passes my application
the path to a TIFF image, how would I determine the type of data contained in
the image? Am I supposed to use any_image::_dynamic_cast() within a series of
try/catch blocks?

D.