From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-06 15:47:17

Cromwell Enage <sponage_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've tracked down the cause of my errors wrt
> kruskal_minimum_spanning_tree.
>
> Recently the Boost Concept Checking Library adopted a
> new naming scheme, deprecating those classes whose
> names that have the "Concept" suffix in favor of the
> corresponding classes without the suffix.

Deprecation does not affect functionality. You can still use the old
names.

> AFAICS the BGL algorithms are still using the concept checking
> classes with the old names, which should be okay until a future
> release removes the old classes. The problem lies in
> <boost/concept/detail/concept_def.hpp>, line 26: the ctor that was
> supposed to satisfy GCC 3.4.4 is fouling up my own compiler, GCC
> 3.4.2 (MinGW).

This has nothing to do with the name changes, then, AFAICT. Feel free
to patche concept_def.hpp so that the ctor goes away on 3.4.2

> The ideal solution would be to update the BGL
> algorithms to use the new naming scheme.

Not really; we'd still be breaking code for existing users of 3.4.2.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting