From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-08 14:38:24

On 2006-06-08, David Greene <greened_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Andy Little wrote:
> > Complain to the SI people. It aint my fault guvnor!
> But it's your library! Honestly, I think you are too constrained
> by some paper SI standard. There is nothing at all that says
> the library must be implemented this way.

The SI standard has been agreed to be implemented worldwide (and
should already be according to the original intention). Including
the USA and the UK (both dragging their feet). It isn't just *some*
standard - it is *the* standard. Of course, the Boost units standard
might someday supplant it, but, really, I doubt it.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email