From: jmzorko_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-06-08 15:08:32

Hello, all ...

I've a very simple question, but i've not found my answer in the
Boost source. How do I manually acquire the lock on a
boost::mutex::scoped_lock() e.g. without using the constructor? The
reason is that I need to make my instance of the lock on the heap, so
I want to use the default ctor and acquire (and release) the lock
myself. I'm wrapping the scoped_lock in another higher-level class
(called Lock, funnily enough) and I want to insulate the code above
me from specifics.

I'm going to continue looking through the source, but any help would
be appreciated!

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com