From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-09 14:06:33

Martin Bonner wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for pointing this out. Seem my reply to Kim Barrett.

> I don't know if any of
> these have C++ compilers (but the standard certainly permits it). (You
> might of course decide to explicitly limit your library to 8-bit char
> platforms only.)

I don't mind limiting the implementation to 8-bit char platforms, but I
would like to make the specification suitable for other char sizes if
that makes sense.

How do 9-bit char and 32-bit char platforms do disk I/O? Do these
platforms even have disk I/O sub-systems?

Thanks,

--Beman