From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 10:09:30

Hi Scott:

Scott <cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 1) Are there any tutorials and/or best practices documentation
> for SSL with ASIO? I haven't found any. The most I've found is
> some client/server classes that use SSL in
> libs\asio\example\ssl. Unfortunately, the code doesn't seem to
> compile without editing because it references the boost::asio
> namespace and the asio library is currently just in the asio
> namespace. So, I question how current the example code is.

It sounds to me as though you're using the SSL example from the
"boost layout" asio proposal (where everything is in the namespace
boost::asio) with the headers from the non-boost package of asio
(where the namespace is just asio). The SSL example is found in
src/examples/ssl in the non-boost package.

> 2) I started to replace our socket code that used
> asio::stream_socket with asio::ssl::stream<asio::stream_socket>.
> I added the asio::ssl::context object to the socket constructor,
> but I'm now getting compile errors like this:

That error has been fixed in CVS. See here:

<http://asio.cvs.sourceforge.net/asio/asio/include/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_operation.hpp?r1=1.6&r2=1.7>

You may want to download a more recent snapshot of asio from the
boost vault (since I presume you're currently using 0.3.6):

<http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Input%20-%20Output>

or from asio's anonymous CVS repository on sourceforge. There
have also been a couple of other SSL-related bug fixes since
0.3.6.

Cheers,
Chris