From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-15 11:48:33

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Three date_time library tests: testgreg_wstream, testparse_date and
> teststreams -- are marked as failures on Tru64 because of the bug in
>
>...details snipped...
>
> So, is it a bug in date_facet.hpp or I'm missing something? Or, may
> be, a bad test?

Hi Boris --

Good catch on this, it is indeed a bug in the new facet code. The thing
is, it never shows up in the regression tests because those wide stream
tests are run using the old date-time i/o code -- I think we must have
forgot to include both variations. Anyway, if you look at the Jamfile
you'll see it uses the following define:

   <define>USE_DATE_TIME_PRE_1_33_FACET_IO

when compiling those tests (or alternatively from libs/date_time/test
you can say bjam --verbose-test testgreg_wstream and the flags will be
set for you).

So actually, whatever errors that are showing up in these regression
tests aren't coming out of the code that you are pointing out. There's
a set of alternative i/o code that was developed is contained mostly in
xyz_limited.hpp files that should be in effect for these particular tests.

So, in short, there's a bug in the new code that I'm going to fix, but
it isn't causing the current regression failures you're seeing. BTW,
this is one of the reason I want to rid myself of maintaining these old
compilers -- the i/o code is tricky enough and hard enough without
having 2 versions with different levels of ability.

Jeff