From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-18 15:35:36

Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> writes:

> ... there will be multiple *different* definitions of iterators, which clearly
> is ODR violation. This will cause all kind of nasty problems. But we already
> have (very) simple tool to protect against ODR violations - different names
> for libraries built with different options.

You're right. It's an ABI change and thus ideally it should be a
non-free feature (unlike <define>) in the build system so binaries so
built are distinguished from one another.

But the question remains whether we should be providing the libraries
built both ways as part of the default installation.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting