From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-18 15:49:16

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm sure that everyone involved in pqs discussion is quickly running out
> of time to spend on the mailing list. My point here is to start doing
> something while the idea is hot.
>
> That something IMHO is a wiki with specifications of those libraries
> (when decided to decouple dimensions, units and linear algebra (not
> geometry!)).

Since I'm working on a linear algebra library I've noting with some
confusion all the talk of vectors and matrices in the PQS thread. Can
someone give me the three-sentence summary that explains why anyone
would think to couple linear algebra and units/dimensions in the first
place? I mean, can't you just make a vector of velocities or
whatever? Or is this about vectors where each element has different
dimensions?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting