From: Dave Steffen (dgsteffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 11:43:45

Janek Kozicki writes:
> Leland Brown said: (by the date of Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:45:53 -0700 (PDT))

[...]
> > I'd probably also include multiplication of one matrix
> > by another, which is an equally straightforward
> > operation.
>
> fully agreed, I was thinking about it, but didn't wrote this. This
> qualifies to be put into wiki with specifications of this library.

 </lurk>

 Allow me to ask a stupid question.

 Doesn't Boost already have a large, working, nifty, linear algebra
 (or at least vectors-and-matrices) package in UBLAS?

 It seems to me that building operations for vectors-with-units and
 matrices-with-units is a duplication of effort. If the PQS library
 is as easy to use as [ it should be | we think it is ] then
 incorporating units into UBLAS should be both easy and a good
 exercise.

 Personally I think we're seeing some scope-creep here. If we come
 up with a good, general, units/dimensions library, than things like
 vectors-with-units should be things people do _with_ the library, not
 things people do _to_ the library, right?

 <lurk>

Dave Steffen, Ph.D. Fools ignore complexity.
Software Engineer IV Pragmatists suffer it.
Numerica Corporation Some can avoid it.
ph (970) 419-8343 x27 Geniuses remove it.
fax (970) 223-6797 -- Alan Perlis
dgsteffen_AT_numerica_DOT_us