From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-24 01:28:18

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
news:E1FtqT5-0005lW-> But why does the test suite then output:

> unknown location(0)
>
> unknown location(0): fatal error in "test_main_caller( argc, argv )":

[...]

> Could/should it show file and line here? Am I using this wrongly? Or is
> this just a feature?

Essencially the reason is that Boost.Test does indeed do not know where the
error occured.

Let's say we have

123: BOOST_CHECK( foo() );

If there is a fatal error within function foo invokation Boost.Test doesn't
know where it actually occured. I couldn't state that it occured at line
123, since the assertion is not validated yet. What I could show is that we
enterred the expression at line 123 and then something happend (vs. an error
occured with assertion at line 123)

..\..\..\..\..\..\boost-sandbox\libs\math_functions\test\test_chisqr.cpp(119
> ): last checkpoint
>
> Does show the (deliberately) offending file and line, which is good.

Is it good enough?

Gennadiy