From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-25 19:56:46

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> Now I configured both:
>
> ----------
> using gcc ;
> using msvc : 7.1 ;
> ----------
>
> But, even if I want to use msvc, it seems to go with gcc anyway:
>
> C:\ark\boost-cvs\boost\libs\typeof\test>bjam --v2 -a -s"TOOLS=msvc"

You are using the BoostBuild V1 way of specifying toolsets. For V2, use the
simpler:

   bjam --v2 -a msvc

or

   bjam --v2 -a msvc-7.1

if you want to specify the version. V2 will use the first toolset initialized (gcc
in this case) if no toolset is passed to bjam, which is why you were getting
the gcc build.

> Also how would I configure different versions of Visual C++ ?

Easy:

   using msvc : 7.1 ;
   using msvc : 8.0 ;

or if you want to auto-detect them:

   using msvc : all ;

The BBv2 documentation at http://www.boost.org/boost-build2 should
help you out with further queries.

HTH,
- Reece
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted