From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 04:06:45

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Something strange is going on, or went on, recently with CVS. The
> Jamfile.v2 on the RC_1_34_0 branch is no longer in a branch, and has the
> wrong version number on it (1.35.0 instead of 1.34.0). This is easy
> enough to fix, but I'm afraid this might be an indication of an errant
> merge of code, or of the branch somehow getting reset/moved.

That was most likely me :(. I fixed an issue with the serialization library
aliases and then updated the 1.34 branch with the fix, hence the 1.35
version.

Looking at Jamfile.v2 from the web CVS viewer, I can see Jamfile.v2
when selecting the RC_1_34_0 sticky tag. I don't understand what
you mean by "no longer in a branch" because I can see it there. How
do I fix that problem?

There should be an e-mail sent to boost-cvs and boost-build about the
submitted changes, but I am getting a Mail Delivery Failure for my
sourceforge user e-mail. I have a support request about this that the
sourceforge team is looking into.

> Whomever has been doing recent checkins to CVS please verify your
> changes on the branch and fix any problems ASAP.

I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this one as I don't understand how
CVS branches work. I understand the concept of branches and
merging from a Perforce PoV, but not how that relates to CVS.

I am currently using TortoiseCVS. Do you know if WinCVS is easier
to use for branching?

- Reece
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted