From: Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 04:43:29

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Martin Wille wrote:
>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> Recently I've been getting anti-spam challenge-response emails from some
>>> subcribers on the Boost list. Personally I find such emails on a public
>>> list rude.
>> I also suggest subscribers who repeatedly violate that part of the
>> policy get unsubscribed.
>>

> This would mean that subscribers would get banned without being able to
> somehow change the situation. Granted, they could use a private mail
> account or something similar, but this could not be possible as well.

I don't see why not. Anyone can set up a private email account.

Perhaps an email can be sent out on subscription saying that you are not
to post advertising to the list, including advertisements in your
signature, and that offenders will be initially reminded of the rule,
and eventually unsubscribed if they persist.

This may seem unfair on individuals, but allowing this to get through to
the list is unfair to all subscribers to the list. So this policy would
be for the greater good.

All mailing lists have rules, don't they? This one is not that harsh.

Paul