From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 18:20:21

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Junio 27, 2006 11:44 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] [multi_index] Working with a composite key of keys
with
different sorting criterias

> On 6/27/06, JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]
> > [I guess you mean "dependent".] Well, sorting by pointer value
> > makes all entries under the same directory (i.e. with the same
> > "dir" pointer) to be kept together. What it's platform dependent
> > is the order in which different directory clusters appear, but
> > the example does not make any assumption about that. Have I
> > explained this sufficiently clear? (I'm not sure I made my
> > point through.)
>
> Yes, clear. But the order shouldnt be something predictable?

No, not really. The only requirement in this direction is that
it's stable in the sense that comparison of elements does not
change in within the program execution. Different runs can
yield different orderings, but this is of no concern to us.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo