From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 05:36:10

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Well it's not really a Boost.Jam, or Boost.Build problem. It the
> individual libraries.

I disagree: what on earth is bjam doing scanning the regex build
instructions for a target that doesn't need regex?

Let's be clear about this: even if I build a project that doesn't use Boost
at all with bjam v2 I'll see the messages. This is a symptom of a deeper
problem: if bbv2 is scanning all of Boost's build instructions at startup
then it's not scalable as Boost expands. What happens if we have a library
submitted with really complex build instructions, and bbv2 silently spends
ages parsing them?

John.