From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 23:29:18

On 6/29/06, Doug Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I am requesting a formal review for a Boost library that provides modern C++
> bindings for the Message Passing Interface (MPI).

I've used MPI before, albeit in C, and I have a few questions (before
even reading the documentation fully). I am also very excited with the
prospect of actually having an MPI bindings implementation for C++ in
boost.

I see that this requires any one of three MPI implementations -- and
there are a lot of differences between these implementations
internally and architecturally. There's also the question of compiler
compliance, and platform dependence -- although I haven't seen the
code yet, my question would be more of pragmatic in the sense that it
maintain a common STL-like interface without breaking the
distributed/parallel computing frame.

I would like to see really more of this -- though much like in
parallel supercomputing applications, the issue really will be more of
performance than anything.

Anyone in the list can do a review right?

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
C/C++ Software Architect