From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-30 14:38:08

On 6/30/06, Steven E. Harris <seh_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> My concern is that I might overlook this library because its name does
> not capture what I would value about it most. Clearly I have biases,
> having been exposed to the "intern" terminology for years, so perhaps
> we can hear from others as to whether the name is appropriate.

I immediately thought of an "interned_string" class I had written when I
read Joaquin's description. I have only really seen this technique called
"interning" and (once) "coadunation" before.

There is an implementation of something similar for strings only in the ASL
called adobe::name_t: http://opensource.adobe.com/classadobe_1_1name__t.html

I like this utility, but I agree it might be better named
boost::interned<T>.

--
Caleb Epstein