From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-01 22:01:12

> It would help if compilers would already start by get better
> at inlining functions (especially single-statement functions)
> when generating code in debug mode.

This seems odd to me, at least in Visual Studio the compiler commands
for debugging information and inlining are orthogonal and as such
virtually all of our builds including a release build (with inlining and
other optimisations on) are built with debug info. So just turn on
inlining in your debug build if thats what you want.

Martin